U9 Majors Return To Winning Ways Against Bush Celtic

October 19th, 2013 – HOME
The first quarter saw a really strong performance from the Caragh side, who were keen to show who was the home side here! Aaron Conway put in some tough tackles and dug out the ball for Adam Fleming to give him a lovely run down the left hand side of the pitch. He put in the first effort on the Bush Celtic goal only to find that their keeper was up to the task!

Ben Morell showed some great guts in this first quarter by putting in lots of tough ball winning tackles and showing the Bush team who was boss. While Josh Finan was also getting in on the act with some impressive fancy footwork and a key last ditch goal mouth interception that prevented Bush from taking the lead.
Jack Arnold proved to be a safe pair of hands in goal and his distribution from the back kept finding his team-mates. Luke Martin created a half-chance for himself but it was snuffed out quickly by the dogged defence of the Bush Celtic side. Niall Cramer was a rock at the back for Caragh and wasn’t afraid to put his body in the firing line to keep the Bush boys at bay. The opening goal came Caragh’s way when Aaron Conway was fouled on the edge of the Bush penalty box and Aaron smashed the resulting free kick past the Bush defensive wall to the back of the Bush net! One nil Caragh! Caragh scored their second just as the quarter was drawing to a close and again it came from the boot of Aaron, following excellent build up play from his team mates.

The second quarter started with a bang with Aaron linking up with Adam Fleming, who found himself one on one with the Bush Celtic keeper, but the defenders just go back in time to prevent Adam from making it 3-0 to Caragh. Then following another Niall Cramer interception at the back, Caragh worked the ball up the pitch through Aaron, who with a deft flick of the ball, carved open the Bush defence to create a chance for Conor Cassidy, but the Bush Celtic keeper dealt with the shot comfortably. Caragh were creating chance after chance at this stage, but the Bush keeper was up to all the challenges that came his way, making saves from Adam, Ben and Aaron. As the first half drew to a close it was Caragh in full control.

Bush Celtic really came back at Caragh though in the third quarter, and really made a game of it. They brought the score back to 2-1, when following a goal mouth scramble one of the Bush players managed to bundle the ball over the line despite the desperate attempts, by Aaron in the Caragh goal, to keep the ball out. Adam and Josh were manning the defence in this quarter for Caragh and both defended fearlessly keeping Caragh’s slim lead intact. All in all, Caragh were happy to end the third quarter still in front as Bush were creating plenty of chances, and really gave the Caragh lads lots to worry about.

The fourth quarter saw the introduction of Jack O’Neill in defence for Caragh and he did his job for the team ensuring Bush didn’t get any further chances. While Jack Arnold in midfield was really finding top gear with some strong tackling and runs helping to get Caragh back on top in this game. Then came the third and decisive goal for Caragh, from the boot of Niall Cramer. Niall found himself in space just outside the Bush area and he unleashed a fantastic shot that gave the keeper no chance. Shortly afterwards Niall doubled his tally for the day with a similar shot that caught out the Bush keeper at his near post to make it 4-1 to Caragh. Caragh created a further couple of chances in the closing stages of the game, firstly through Ben Morrell and then Jack Arnold who both went close but just missed the target.

Overall, a satisfactory day for Caragh Celtic and the team must really be feeling good to bounce back after last week’s defeat to Kilcullen, with such a good win.

Final score, Caragh Celtic 4 Bush Celtic 1

Caragh Celtic: Adam Fleming (Capt), Jack Arnold, Josh Finan, Ben Morrell, Aaron Conway, Luke Martin, Jack O’Neill, Niall Cramer, Conor Cassidy